Monday, June 30, 2008

Second First Draft

Time flies. Sorry to lead with such a cliche, but I can't think of a more creative way to say it. I can't believe this weekend is already July 4th. What happened to the summer? Before we know it, summer will be gone and it will be October. Which might not be such a bad thing, because you know what happens in October?

Tulsa Press Club hosts their annual fundraiser, First Draft. Last year was the first time I attended this event, and I have to slap myself on the hand for missing the previous years. If you like beer, well....I think you know where this is going.

The date is a mere 94 days away, on October 3rd. This year they've moved the day from Thursday night to a Friday night. Perhaps it's to accomodate those that work Friday morning and were tired of facing their boss hungover, with alcohol seeping out of their skin. Good for the nine-to-fivers, bad for me (and other bar employees).

How cool is First Draft? Cool enough to have a myspace. Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lets not forget Wild Brew this August (4th?), they have a myspace as well.
-Tim