Friday, February 22, 2008

Great Scot(ch)!











McNellies is notorious for a great beer selection, but we also carry an extensive assortment of scotches. In order to encourage people to try some different varieties, we have recently added a scotch flight to our menu. The cost is $30, and you get to choose 5 out of the 7 following single malt scotches:
  • Talisker
  • Caol Ila
  • Glenkinchie
  • Oban
  • Lagavulin
  • Dalwhinnie
  • Cragganmore
Regretfully, my knowledge of scotch is inadequate and therefore I have no personal testimony of these. If you click on the photograph, you'll be able to read the commercial descriptions. Perhaps one of these gloomy days when I'm itching with boredom, I'll head down to the pub and try one of these flights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Talisker, Lagavulin, Cragganmore, and Caol Ila. Talisker is nice and well rounded standard Scotch. The Cragganmore is very light and delicate, almost floral (in regards to Scotch). The Lagavulin is a big peaty smoking log of a Scotch (my favorite). The Caol Ila is made by Lagavulin and similar, still big and smokey but a little more refined. I would also recommend Highland Park 12yr, nice peatiness and a touch of honey sweetness. My two cents. -Tim