Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Beers Resolution

"Someone" gave me a bunch of crap for my last title, "Hoppy New Year," which I thought to be very clever and funny, but this person seemed to believe it was cheesy and predictable. So, in order to further amuse/spite this person, I felt the need to use another "clever" title for my entry. That being said, I'll move on to the point: McNellies resolves to have new beer specials for the month of January.

Currently we have Warsteiner Dunkel on draft for a special price of $3.00. It's a traditional dark German lager that has a rich, refreshing quality. There is a roasted malty flavor, with subtle traces of hops. The texture is not too thick or heavy, and the color is a dark coffee-like brown. The alcohol content is 4.9%, features little carbonation and a nice, clean finish. Overall, a pretty tasty beer.

Beginning on Monday, Jan 7th, McNellies will have a new Russian beer on special each week. The first beer will be 16.9 ounce bottles of Bogemia, a pale lager with a rather high alcohol content, at 8.4%. I've never tried this beer, but according to reviews on ratebeer.com, I'm led to believe it's not the tastiest beer out there.

Following the Bogemia, one of the Red East beers will be on special; unfortunatley, I didn't catch if it was the Classic or Extra. If you want to read up on the Classic, you can view my previous blog entry on that one.

For the final week, Snow Cougar will be on special. The Snow Cougar is another pale lager, with a slightly dry and bitter quality. It's been a while since I've tasted this one, but from what I recall, I thought it was okay. The name stands out more than the beer.

Make your new years resolution to drink new beer. And hoppy, er, happy new year.

No comments: