Friday, March 28, 2008

86 Specials

We haven't had any beer specials for the past week, and I don't believe we're going to have any for the remaining few days of the month. Following the onslaught of St. Patrick's Day, we ran out of our special beers of the month.

For me, it's almost refreshing to not offer a special for once. It gets monotonous pouring the same beer over and over again, and changing the same keg multiple times in one night. I also think it's nice that people choose a beer that they prefer to drink, not just the cheapest one. However, many people disagree with my adoration of the lack of specials. I've had multiple people who have been flabbergasted once told there is no special. They act like I've told them a family member is terminally ill.

All will resume back to normal come April, which is only a few days away. Generally our specials cost around $3. We have quite a few beers on the menu for $4. If that extra dollar is going to break the bank, perhaps you shouldn't be in a bar anyhow, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me its a good way to try new beers at a cheaper price, this way I dont feel to bad if its terrible. Outside of that I stick with what I like.

Kyle said...

Hey look! Higher Math here. A $4 beer on special for $3 equals a savings of $1 per beer. The average me drinks an average of 4 beers per visit, meaning that with the savings of the "special" I could drink 1 more beer, DAMN IT! You need to shake that snooty attitude and change out those damn kegs and pour that guy a beer. Please.